Best way to resolve Rodia? What did you do?

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

holywhippet
Novice

Re: Best way to resolve Rodia? What did you do?

Post by holywhippet » November 19th, 2014, 8:00 pm

This quest seems to be bugged and broken for me. I told Dante to listen outside of the window then and spoke to Dengler. After going through all the dialog options I went back to Dante. But he doesn't seem to know or care about the conversation I just had. My only option to continue is to tell him his wife is being held hostage. That leads to the gunfight, but when it is over Dante doesn't want to speak to me since he thinks I was working with the Leather Jerks. Even if I send his wife into the shed I can't tell him about that.

I see the cry of "Nooo" from the window so presumably he was listening...

zeonmx
Initiate

Post by zeonmx » January 12th, 2015, 8:14 am

Same here. He was outside by the window and listened to Dengler but when I go back to his house and talk to him, he doesn't seem to care and the only option to click is to tell him about the plot, which leads to gunfight. This quest is bugged to hell.

Juris
Acolyte

Post by Juris » January 12th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Ironically just immediately shooting the jerks produced the best ending - Virgil thanked me for Dante and him getting back together the first time I met him lol

Oh, and Pistol Pete refused to play along with the jerks so you can't peacefully resolve the Virgil Dante thing and get the tower fixed unless you can fix it yourself.

NovaRain
Scholar

Post by NovaRain » January 12th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Juris wrote:Ironically just immediately shooting the jerks produced the best ending - Virgil thanked me for Dante and him getting back together the first time I met him lol
Oh, and Pistol Pete refused to play along with the jerks so you can't peacefully resolve the Virgil Dante thing and get the tower fixed unless you can fix it yourself.
Nah, all you have to do is dismissing Pistol Pete before getting the first quest from Steven Dengler, you can have Pete in the team for all other quests, and he won't complain a thing.

ildella
Initiate

Post by ildella » February 23rd, 2016, 9:53 am

They asked for 6 bullets each at the city door. I put a lot less in their bodies to get in.
Killed two more groups on my way in. Then I started to walk around town avoiding unecessary encounters until i broke into the distillery and got attacked. Killed everyone, got one bottle of water (??) but did not disturb the guy in the top-left room.
Back to town, I reach the Mayor, can't talk wiht him so I activated the lever, the cell comes down and as we start to speack with the Mayor, Dengler arrives with two guys and say he needed to kill us all. He didn't make it. But the mayor didn't make it as well... Now the city is rescued, without so much of a party. Everyone is back to his job and there's nothing more to do.

I've wondered around a while and brought back Hell to Virgil.
Now I have talked to the Doctor Horchata who wants me to help with the cure but I have no clue where to start and I have a new mission in Santa Monica so I'll better get going, is a far travel to the far west...

ULTMX
Initiate

Post by ULTMX » May 5th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Well...I was wondering why Rodia felt like little more than a random pitstop after I refused to pay the toll - killed two handfuls of jerks and freed the Mayor pretty much ending everything in 3 short combats. :shock:

Mole204
Scholar

Post by Mole204 » May 8th, 2017, 12:23 am

I thought the "Dante's Inferno" riff during Rodia was nice, but there was so much back and forth, that there was too much to be careful to not do. I know they were going for a 'theme' but it needed a lot of decluttering. Never liked leaving town for the microscope. Or the nonsense with the guy's wife and the guys running the town and the cluster of choices that the player's expected to do. I liked the in-joke about the guard at the gate being a Chaos Space Marine. It looks like you're supposed to pay the toll, scope the place out before doing anything. The "just start killing everyone" option makes too many story paths vanish. Like the guy at the bank vanishes with the money. I liked the well mission, the bit at the hospital. About time you ran into some environmental thing fighting back- not like the Ag Center debacle. Still, Rodia was one of those places that needed a way to "turn down the Unity lag."

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Post by Binary-Blues16 » August 14th, 2017, 10:39 pm

I got in, headed to the Horchata. I already had the microscope, I think. I cured the town by treating the well. I started working for Dengler after hearing from everyone how bad the guy is so I figured I would infiltrate. I got the Possum steak and poisoned Biggun and Pat the Axe.
Completed Dengler's easy quest with Jess.
The mayor's son wouldn't talk to me.
Got the quest to get the tequila recipe. I planned on doing it, but...
I couldn't convince Dante that Beatrice was bad so I led her to his place. He locked her up. Virgil wouldn't talk to me after that and he was my key to fixing the tower. Whoops.
I figured I have access to the tower so I went there. I ended up releasing The Mayor and that triggered the Dengler and goon fight.

Now I have a useless Tequila in my inventory and the other loot from the vault.
Dr Horchata still says it will be awhile before everyone is cured.
Left town... I feel I left some quests poorly resolved I should have finished up Dengler's quest for the tequila before letting the mayor out.