Highpool and Ag Center

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Odiar
Initiate

Highpool and Ag Center

Post by Odiar » May 11th, 2017, 12:26 pm

So, I know this has been discussed at length (been looking around a bit), but Highpool and Ag Center. Seems like an either or choice, but I just finished with Highpool (first time playing, btw), and went to find Ag Center overrun.

Remembering back to earlier in the game, it occurred to me that I didn't get the overrun radio calls until after I'd cleared out the Wreckers from Highpool and went underground.

So, question: Has anyone ever tried leaving Highpool immediately after clearing out the Wreckers/killing Jackhammer and going to Ag Center?

Cause I'm totally considering making another save file to go test that.

Carlton_Slayer
Initiate

Re: Highpool and Ag Center

Post by Carlton_Slayer » May 19th, 2017, 12:56 am

No but I'm pretty sure that once you start getting the distress calls from the place you chose not to help that it will be too late to save them- kind of doubt that it's possible to save them both, although it MIGHT be possible to lose them both (my second play thru team is already in California so I can't test this...)

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 19th, 2017, 8:47 am

Speaking here more as a player of the game than an inXile employee (as I wasn't here for WL2), but I'm pretty sure once you make your choice and arrive at your chosen location, that's it. And it's certainly possible to lose them both based on your decisions at the location you choose. That didn't happen in my playthrough, but I seem to recall seeing other people talk about botching the Ag Center in their runs.

Odiar
Initiate

Post by Odiar » May 22nd, 2017, 1:15 am

Okay...

Well, still. I've got the second save file set up and going, so tomorrow at some point I'm going to at least run this far and actually see what happens myself. If I'm able to save both, awesome. If I lose both because of it, well, shit.

Either way, I'll be writing it down. Therefore, science!

eolsunder
Initiate

Post by eolsunder » July 23rd, 2017, 7:27 am

I personally never do Highpool simply because the companion you get in AG center is vastly superior to the worthless companion you get in Highpool. Plus AG center is near your Citadel. Go to AG center, instantly get a good companion early, easy.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » July 23rd, 2017, 9:43 pm

I dunno. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of a second sniper. Especially considering the end...
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » July 25th, 2017, 1:43 am

I agree with Drool - always went for Vultures Cry.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.