How to make it to silo and choose gary, cain or dan

Discussing the story & setting of Wasteland 2. Beware spoilers. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mac10
Novice

How to make it to silo and choose gary, cain or dan

Post by mac10 » December 19th, 2015, 8:33 pm

In my 2nd playthrough for the DC version I was able to make it to silo 7 and choose any of the 3 members.

DO NOT accept Sadler's quest to mount the scrambler on the fake nuke, you would have to kill father Enola and side with the DMB, but in this path you no longer able to recruit Gary.

If you tell the monks of the DMB base location, you crossed out the possibility of siding with the DMB, I talked to Sadler the first time to refuse his mission, then went on and killed all the DMB, raiders with monk in the canyon without any consequence, even the DMB by the sewer entrance to the titan underground.

upon finding any evidence that the titan is a fake, you MUST take on the quest from father Enola to silo 7, there you can decide which path to take and collect the recruit associated with each path. Send the nuke to DMB= Gary(your party needs to have 25 or so chrisma upon entering the titan on first arrival, not sure if he shows up later on), to monks= Dan, disable the nuke= Cain. Both Cain and Gary are by the cowboy tents.

dpwellman
Initiate

Re: How to make it to silo and choose gary, cain or dan

Post by dpwellman » January 2nd, 2017, 2:17 pm

I know this is a year old, but it's the most recent thread on the subject and I didn't want to start a new one,

I finally dusted off my copy of WL2 and on my second time through I wondered what will happen if I tell Sadler the nuke is fake (once I have the brochure). I assumed I'd still be able to get the Chaos ending and recruit Cain, but I wanted to attempt to maximize XP / loot with as much fighting as possible.

Well, OK can still use the Scrambler to start off the fight with the monks. DBM will invade the Temple of Titan once one reaches the Temple Entrance (can avoid the fight entirely by exiting the "sewer" entrance).

Long story short, seems that telling Sadler nuke is fake gives one the DBM ending whether one disarms the nuke or not or uses the Scrambler or not. The only difference is whether Sadler at al are pissed upon returning to Temple. And of course can refuse the toll to start off killing the DBM. Needless to say, no Gary or Cain. bummer.

Seems to me that disabling the Nuke should give the Chaos ending in all cases.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 2nd, 2017, 10:52 pm

I usually go with nuking the nuke.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Carlton_Slayer
Initiate

Post by Carlton_Slayer » January 16th, 2017, 6:13 am

Once I got to Silo 7 I made a save and got all three achiv4ements for siding with each faction. The save where I disabled the real nuke is the one I continued with as my main game.